The EUROPHOTONICS master course offers excellent teaching at top-level universities and individual study mobility throughout Europe. An extensive two-year master-level teaching program focusing on advanced and applied research topics that will constitute the near and extended future scientific goals in the field of Photonics Engineering, Nanophotonics, Biophotonics, and their interdisciplinary applications.
- Duration of 2 years.
- 3 M.Sc. degrees.
- 3 different European countries.
- Instruction language: English.
- Scholarships available: 500€/month (EU students), 1000€/month (non-EU students).
- Complete support in accommodation, relocation between the places of study as well as in matters of administration.
Scholarships run for the entire program duration of 2 years. Approx. 20 study places and 15 scholarships are available per year.
Non-EU students receive 1,000€/month plus 3,200€ at the beginning of the master phase and 3,000€ after one year for the installation costs (total: 6,200 € for the installation costs).
EU students receive 500€/month and an installation money of 700€.
Program & Mobility Structure
- 1st semester: Fundamentals (Marseille).
- 2nd semester: Core Subjects & Industry Internship (Karlsruhe).
- 3rd semester: Specialization (Karlsruhe, Marseille or Barcelona).
- 4th semester: M.Sc. thesis (Karlsruhe, Marseille or Barcelona).
- Bachelor degree corresponding to at least 180 ECTS in the field of physics, engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, physical chemistry, applied physics, optics or a related field.
- A medium level in English is required. Regarding the English proficiency, applicants can replace the TOEFL test by a confirmation from their current university.
Admission is open for the winter term each year. Lectures start in Marseille in October.